BluePath Labs is a fast growing research and management consulting company focused on the challenging research problems for both government and private sector clients. BluePath is
looking for two (2) Research Analyst interns to support open-source research in the defense and military aerospace sectors. The research is for the China Aerospace Studies Institute located at
National Defense University. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen to apply. These internships are year-around with possible full-time employment during the summer. There are no end-dates for the
internship. Interns will be W-2 hourly at $15/hr.
The purpose of CASI is to advance understanding of the capabilities, operating concepts, and limitations of China's aerospace forces, which encompass the PLA Air Force (PLAAF), Naval Aviation, Rocket
Force and space assets. Created at the initiative of the Director, Strategy, Concepts, and Assessments, Headquarters of the United States Air Force (USAF), CASI aims to fill a niche in the China
research community by providing high quality, unclassified research on Chinese aerospace developments in the context of U.S. strategic imperatives in the Asia-Pacific region. In terms of tasks, CASI
personnel are going to be examining the PLA’s Air Force, space, cyber, Naval Aviation, and Rocket Force.
The Research Analyst interns must be able to read and translate source documents and publications in Mandarin. There is no specific undergraduate or graduate degree major requirement but there is a
preference for candidates with previous technical analysis of the Chinese aerospace and defense sectors.
The Research Analyst interns will report to a BluePath Research Analysts and work as a part of a team on data collection, developing a keyword searchable database and reference system, and supporting
If the intern is located in the DC area, the primary work location will be at BluePath offices near Foggy Bottom at 2101 L ST NW. Washington,
Otherwise, the possibility exists for a remote internship.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data collection and analysis
- Open-source research
- Document summarization
- Database development
- U.S. citizen
- Strong Mandarin reading and translating skills. (ILR 2+ for Reading/Writing)
- Commit to at least 10hrs/week (avg. 40hrs a month)
- Intellectually curious with strong attention to detail.
- Personal initiative and drive.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight while meeting weekly goals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and other database products.
- Must live in a HubZone: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=38.900913,-77.052112&zoom=16
- Previous research and data collection with Mandarin publications.
- Previous research and technical analysis of Chinese aerospace and defense sectors.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.