Dominic Ju and Joe Helfrich met at the Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation while supporting various customers such as the Army's TechWargaming program, Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Army Rapid Equipping Force (REF), Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), Army Research Lab (ARL), and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Dominic is a Marine Corps veteran who has been serving the military and commercial markets since 2000. He has significant experience supporting clients across the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), and civilian agencies as well. He has led civil-military teams to evaluate strategic plans and business processes, identify requirements, and assess risks for acquisition programs valued in excess of $2B USD to align emerging strategic initiatives with current budgetary and fiscal realities. Dominic received his B.A. from Tufts University and M.A. from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.
Joe has been a technology and management consultant since 1999. He has held leadership positions at highly successful entrepreneurial ventures such as Kadix Systems, which was acquired for $47M, and Exent Technologies, an Israeli video gaming company venture funded by NEA, AOL, Comcast, Intel and Yahoo! among others. Joe received an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin (UT-Austin) and has dual degrees in Computer Information Systems (CIS) and Finance from the University of Maryland at College Park (UMCP).
Selected Work Examples
- 2015 Co-Author of Army AL&T Magazine Article of the Year; "Evolving Innovation: A New Look at Fostering Cutting-Edge Thinking in Army Science & Technology"
- Multiple tech & consulting start-ups for strategy, applied research & development, training, commercial software, and gaming.
- Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisitions, Logistings, and Technology (ASAALT)
- Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Army Research Labs (ARL)
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Army Rapid Equipping Force (REF)
- Additive Manufacturing Grand Challenges
- Chief of Staff of the Army's Red Team
- Commandant of the Marine Corps' Red Team
- Various Intelligence Community members
- Los Alamos Tech Transfer Office
- National Science Foundation