Dominic Ju and Joe Helfrich met at the Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation while supporting various customers such as the Army's TechWargaming program, Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Army Rapid Equipping Force (REF), Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), Army Research Lab (ARL), and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Dr. Jason Augustyn
Chief Technology Officer
As CTO, Dr. Augustyn leads BluePath’s data science and analytics strategy, which uses both traditional statistical modeling and cutting-edge machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques to discover critical insights from structured and unstructured data. Prior to joining BluePath, Dr. Augustyn was the founder of FutureScout, LLC, a data science and analytics company focused on providing technology reconnaissance, horizon scanning, and wargaming capabilities to the U.S. Department of Defense science and technology enterprise. Earlier in his career, Dr. Augustyn served as a senior researcher at the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center (NSRDEC). While at NSRDEC, Dr. Augustyn built a multi-million-dollar research and development program focused on enhancing Soldier and squad effectiveness through real-time psychological and physiological status monitoring, training, and performance modeling. Dr. Augustyn holds a Ph.D. in cognitive science from the Pennsylvania State University, where he developed novel techniques for modeling human decision-making and perceptual-motor planning.
Selected Work Examples
- 2015 Co-Author of Army AL&T Magazine Article of the Year; "Evolving Innovation: A New Look at Fostering Cutting-Edge Thinking in Army Science & Technology"
- Multiple tech & consulting start-ups for strategy, applied research & development, training, commercial software, and gaming.
- Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisitions, Logistings, and Technology (ASAALT)
- Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Army Research Labs (ARL)
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Army Rapid Equipping Force (REF)
- Additive Manufacturing Grand Challenges
- Chief of Staff of the Army's Red Team
- Commandant of the Marine Corps' Red Team
- Various Intelligence Community members
- Los Alamos Tech Transfer Office
- National Science Foundation